An Oversize/Overweight Load - Trip Permit (OO Trip) is required for the transportation of a load(s) that exceeds the limits prescribed in the Highway Traffic Act (HTA), on a specific day(s), on a specific route, that is not already allowed for by a current Oversize/Overweight Load - Annual Permit (OO Annual).
Additional Conditions and Comments
PLEASE NOTE THAT TRIPS ARE NOT PERMITTED ON SUNDAYS
PERMIT SUBJECT TO THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS
- The applicant shall agree to adhere to all of the standard and specific conditions on the permit and relieve the County of Lennox and Addington of any liability whatsoever incurred by the issuance of this permit or by the transportation of the vehicle, load, object or structure and agree to pay the cost of all damages suffered by the County roads, bridges or culverts in conjunction with this permit.
- An application form shall be filled out in its entirety by the applicant for presentation to the County for approval. Applications without two business days’ notice will be subject to an increased permit fee.
- The Applicant shall notify the County of Lennox and Addington of the details of this permit and arrange escort vehicles utilizing certified escorts. The Applicant shall also provide the escorts’ certification numbers to the County. The applicant is responsible to ensure that adequate clearances exist on the intended route.
- At any time the County may request a Traffic Management Plan from the applicant. All associated costs for developing this plan will be born onto the applicant.
- The applicant shall notify Ontario Hydro and Bell Canada of the details of this permit and obtain written clearances for any vehicle and load exceeding the height provisions of the Highway Traffic Act.
- The moving of vehicles, loads, objects or structures which are the subject of this permit shall not be carried out on Sundays, legal holidays, after sunset or before sunrise. All moves shall be initiated so as to ensure that adequate time is allowed to conform to the requirements of this paragraph.
- At no time shall any County road be closed to traffic by the blockage of both lanes. A single lane for traffic shall be maintained at all times.
- Where the vehicle is unlicensed, the applicant shall provide the County with proof that adequate liability insurance is in force on the vehicle.
- The applicant assumes all risks and liability for any damage or injury to persons and property resulting from the move and shall save the County harmless from any liability resulting from the issuance of this permit.
- That all provisions of the Highway Traffic Act apply to this permit.
- Where damage is caused to the County road by reason of the moving of heavy vehicles under this permit the County will repair the damage at the applicant’s cost. The applicant will have thirty (30) days after being invoiced by the County to pay to the County the total amount of the repair costs incurred.
- That the applicant submit with this application the non-refundable permit fee. Payment options are as follows:
Cash, Debit, Visa, Mastercard or Cheque at our office
Cheque by mail
Visa or Mastercard by email or telephone